Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Procedures in Connecticut
Body contouring is a broad category of plastic surgery, encompassing a number of different procedures that may be performed individually or together, depending on the patient's body and his or her specific circumstances. In general, the term “body contouring” refers to procedures that sculpt the body into a shape that is desirable for the patient, and ideal for his or her health and body type.
Body contouring procedures are typically performed after massive weight loss, and may include:
- Body Lift – Tightens of loose, sagging skin of the buttocks, hips, and thighs.
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) – Removal of excess skin and fat from the upper arm, sometimes performed in conjunction with liposuction.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) – Removal of excess fat and skin from the lower abdominal wall.
- Rhytidectomy (Facelift) – Improves sagging skin in the midface, neck, and can address excess fatty deposits that give the impression of a “double chin.”
- Gynecomastia ( male breast reduction ) – Excess glandular tissue can be removed either by excision or liposuction.
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift) – Raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the remaining skin.
Each of these procedures target problem areas where excess fat and loose skin remains after extreme weight loss.
Which Body Contouring Procedure Is Right for You?
Dr. Reilly can help you decide. The medical staff at CT Plastic Surgeons is sensitive to each patient's needs and concerns, and understands how frustrating and difficult it can be for a patient to feel ashamed or unhappy with his or her body for whatever reason. Dr. Reilly works closely with every patient to ease any worries with the utmost compassion and care. We are committed to helping you look your best, feel your best, and be your best.
Schedule a Body Contouring Consultation
Body contouring can be comprised of only one procedure, or performed in combination with other procedures to give patients the results they desire. Call 203.924.2900 today to speak with our staff. With locations in New Haven, Shelton, and Norwalk, Dr. Reilly is easily accessible from the Woodbridge, Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, and Southport regions, and beyond.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.